Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reflection on Slide Cast

My Slide Cast

When I first found out about this technology i thought, this is pretty cool. I really was interesting but I was kind of confused about what all I had to do. t took me a long time to figure out just what I needed to do but I eventually understood. I still do think that digital storytelling can be and is useful, it was just a little harder for me to grasp how to do it.
With this technology, if used properly, there can be so many things done. You can present a presentation but just clicking on your link or have something for the sub to show the class when you are not there. I think it is awesome that you can communicate with someone half way around the world just the same as you can with the person that lives next door to you.
With the different forms of creating a presentation there are so many ways to leave comments and show the other person what you are really talk about. It is almost like having a conversation but it is guided to what you need to be talking about.

I personally had a hard time with this project because I am electronically challenged. Anything that can go wrong will. I have come to terms with that but it still makes me frustrated. In my presentation I did a quick lesson on letters and language arts. It showed that it is easy and important to include writing in every subject and you can connect everything into a theme if you want to.
In the future I think I would like to get to know this technology better and maybe use it in my classroom. It can be a lot of fun for the student and a little bit different from the things that they normally do. I think it would also be useful for when I am not there to teach a class but the students wouldn't be loosing just another day with a sub that can only give them busy work.
I can however see a few problems with this in my future classroom. We assume that everyone has a computer and will be able to easily access it. Although this is very true that many people will there is no way we can be sure everyone can get to it for free. There are always problems with technology and things are always changing and that can become a little more confusing as time goes on.
I think all in all these are some great forms of technology. I think it can be fun and I will be using it at some point with my students. It is very exciting to be hopeful and positive and the new coming of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment